Am I a Candidate for Dental Veneers?
Generally, anyone with good oral health that is looking to restore or change their smile may be a candidate for dental veneers. Veneers are known to renovate smiles and can rejuvenate your look. Thanks to advanced dental technology and the newer generation of durable materials, veneers today are a beautiful and long-lasting solution to restoring or changing your smile.
So, what can make you a candidate for dental veneers? If you have one or more of the conditions below, veneers may be a terrific solution.
- Stained teeth: If you have stained teeth because you’re a smoker or love to enjoy several mornings of coffee or are a fan of red wine, or if you have genetically discolored teeth, or teeth discolored from certain medications (tetracycline) or from old restorations (amalgam), you may be a good candidate for veneers.
- Minor cosmetic issues: By this we mean minor misalignments, gaps, cracks or chips, or don’t like the color of your teeth, call us to make an appointment!
- Small or worn teeth: If you have certain teeth that look smaller than the others, or if the edges of your teeth are worn, veneers may offer a great solution.
- Sufficient tooth enamel: Maybe you can’t answer this question yourself, but our dentist is more than happy to take a look to be sure that veneers are suitable for you.
- You are NOT a grinder: If you are, we have many other options that can help renovate your smile or some that can be used in conjunction with the veneers to help make you a candidate. Veneers can be damaged due to frequent grinding, and a nightguard appliance may be required to protect the restorations.
- You have good dental hygiene: Do you brush twice a day? Floss once a day? Visit the dentist regularly? If you answered “yes” to all of the questions, you’re ready for veneers!
If you are interested in learning more information about veneers or believe you are a candidate, please contact our Pasadena dental office at (626) 577-2017 for more information. We can’t wait to see you!
Location: 1060 E Green St #203, Pasadena, CA 91106
Back to Articles