Remove suspicious lesions from your mouth.
Many different problems can occur in the mouth requiring further investigation. These problems include:
- Cysts, tumors, or other lumps
- Unusual infections or swelling
- Changes in the color or texture of the gums and lining inside the mouth (mucosa), such as white or red spots or patches, or thickening of the mucosa
- The appearance of warts or colored spots
- Sores that do not heal
- Hoarse throat or difficulty swallowing or chewing and others.
These conditions may be discovered when we perform a comprehensive exam and oral cancer screening, or sometimes the patient may let us know they have pain or notice something unusual in their mouth.
Oral surgery is used to remove these abnormal growths or tissues. The removed tissue is usually submitted as a biopsy to a special lab for analysis by a specialist. This will allow us to identify the exact problem and perform appropriate further treatment and follow-up.
If you notice anything unusual in your mouth, please contact our dental office in Pasadena for an evaluation! At Prestige Dental, we are here to help!
← Back to Oral Surgery