Sit back & relax while getting your dental treatment!
Complex dental treatment like root canals, extractions, or oral surgery may need some form of sedation dentistry in order for you to feel completely comfortable during the procedure. Sedation dentistry is also a method used in nervous patients for a variety of other dental treatments in order to help them relax. We are pleased to offer our patients at Prestige Dental in Pasadena the option of comfortable, safe, and effective sedation dentistry.
Patients who benefit from sedation dentistry have:
- A fear or anxiety of seeing a dentist
- A hard time remaining still for long periods of time
- A hard time getting numb with anesthetics
- A hard time opening or limited opening of the mouth
How are the sedatives given to patients?
• Inhalation: Nitrous oxide, also known as laughing gas, is the most commonly used administration method for nervous patients. It does not require any needles to administer the gas. Recovery is fast and you will be able to resume your normal activities immediately. Usually, having a driver bring you to the dental appointment is not necessary.
• Oral: Oral sedation is another common technique for dental sedation. It does not require the use of needles and is easy to administer. You will be given a prescription pill which you will take about an hour before your appointment, and it will have you relaxed by the time you arrive at our dental office. Due to the sedation effects of the medicine, you will need to have a driver take you to and from the office.
• Intravenous: For maximum dental sedation, or for long, difficult procedures, intravenous sedation is more effective than nitrous oxide or oral sedation. Our dentist in Pasadena will work together with a dental anesthesiologist to provide the sedation and treatment. You will need to have a driver take you to and from the office due to the sedation effects of the medicine.
Please contact our Prestige Dental Pasadena office to schedule a consultation or for more information about sedation dentistry. Our experienced dentist Dr. Bouzoghlanian and staff will help you decide which method is best for you. Take the anxiety out of your treatment and relax!